Dental crowns and dental bridges are dental solutions that are used for restoration treatments or replacement options for missing teeth. Generally, dental crowns are considered the superior choice when compared to teeth fillings, mainly due to better aesthetics and durability. The same can be said for dental bridges since they provide greater aesthetics and strength in comparison to dentures. Listed below are some of the other benefits that dental crowns and bridges offer.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can have the following advantages:
- Protection/ Restoration of Tooth Structure – Ceramic crowns are strong and are known to provide a secure layer of protection for your damaged teeth.
- Esthetics – Aside from physical protection, a dental crown can also offer an aesthetic advantage. They can be made to restore the original shape of your tooth. The color can be matched to the color of the adjacent teeth, restoring and sometimes improving your original smile.
- Durability – Crowns are made to last the longest of most dental restorations, with a lifespan of fifteen years or more. This is because dental crowns are created with high-quality materials.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Functional Restoration- With the help of a dental bridge, we can restore your overall oral functionality. You’ll be able to chew more efficiently. Dental bridges will also improve the clarity of speech your speech patterns that might have been due to the absence of your natural teeth.
- Force Distribution – The bridge makes it easier to chew since the reinforced structure distributes the chewing force equally to the supporting teeth.
- Aesthetics – This is also a major benefit of a dental bridge. Not only do bridges recover your mouth’s functionality, but they can also restore the look of your smile.
- Durability – Just like dental crowns, bridges also tend to last much longer than removable dentures.
We provide high quality and aesthetically-pleasing crowns and bridges to our patients so that they can smile again with confidence. Contact our offices in Orlando, Florida to learn more and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Duffy.